Persons involved in drink driving offences should request immediate legal advice and deal with the accusations brought. Driving offences are treated extremely seriously in UK, and the consequences can be quite severe. This is where our drink driving solicitors in Birmingham can offer legal representation and support for such accusations. You can send us your inquiries and then let us help you from a legal point of view.
Short facts about drink driving offences
Driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal not only in UK but anywhere in the world. Persons accused of such serious offences will have to talk to a drink driving solicitor in Birmingham and ask for legal representation, starting with the police custody, if it is the case. Here is information and specific details you need to know about driving under the influence of alcohol accusations:
- If caught behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol, a person’s license can be retained for a maximum of 3 years.
- Fines and community orders are also issued for persons found guilty of drink driving offences.
- If victims are involved in car accidents, persons accused of drink driving offences can face imprisonment.
- If kept in police custody, it is suggested to avoid answering any questions until your drink driving solicitor in Birmingham gets in touch with you.
Looking for legal advice and representation for drink driving accusations? Feel free to ask for immediate and comprehensive legal support from our drink driving solicitors in Birmingham. We are at your service at any time and we will analyze your case before starting the proceedings.
Victims of drink driving offences – What happens if murder is involved?
Unfortunately, there are cases of drink driving accidents involving serious damages and deaths. These situations can get extremely complicated if legal advice is not solicited. Plus, if offenders leave the scene of the accident, can be arrested when caught. Here is how our drink driving solicitors in Birmingham can help:
- Legal support is offered over the phone if you get in touch with us soon after an accident took place.
- We will represent you at the police station if you decide on working with us.
- We will investigate the circumstances and prepare the defence for you.
- We will represent our clients in the court of law.
Make sure you talk to our drink driving solicitors in Birmingham and request our legal support if you have been involved in a traffic offence that involves the death of a person or more.
Are there any special arguments for driving under the influence of alcohol?
Yes, according to the Road Traffic Act, there are special circumstances that can be used by our drink driving solicitors in Birmingham when preparing the defence in front of the authorities. For instance, persons might have been forced to drive for a short distance and for specific emergency cases, without having other choices. Also, a good argument might be the one that drivers didn’t expose pedestrians and other traffic participants at any risk. Such aspects can be part of a defence strategy created by a drink driving solicitor in Birmingham.
Over the drinking and driving limit while sitting in the car
Persons who believe that sitting in the car with the engine turned on and over the drinking and driving limit should are not protected by the law. This is another driving offence that can be penalized by the traffic police if caught. A discretionary ban and 10 points off can be imposed as fines to persons found guilty of this kind of offence. When it comes to a defence strategy, our drinking driving solicitors in Birmingham might convince the authorities that persons found in this situation intended to drive only when the alcohol level was reduced below the legal limit. In this matter, a medical report can be useful, especially if it explains that if the alcohol level is reduced below the limit imposed by the legislation, a person can still drive without being punished.
We have gathered some facts figures and statistics about driving offences in the UK that you might find interesting:
- There are more than 85,000 persons convicted for drink driving offences, on a yearly basis;
- About 180,000 prosecutions for speed limit offences were registered in 2018;
- Around 34,534 prosecutions for drink driving offences were recorded in 2018 in UK;
- Driving bans, fines, and imprisonment up to 6 months can be issued for persons found guilty of drink driving in UK.
Persons accused of driving under the influence of alcohol should contact our team of drink driving solicitors in Birmingham and request immediate legal advice. We have experience in cases like these and we can offer comprehensive legal services.