With extensive experience in personal injury cases, our team of lawyers can provide legal assistance and support for people interested in claiming compensation and benefits for their injuries. Our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will guide you step by step throughout the entire procedure, making the case less time-consuming. We are aware of the applicable laws and can guide you to the proper results for your case.
Table of Contents
Cases in which our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham can offer help
Persons interested in personal injury compensations must know they can receive complete legal advice and support and they can be helped right away. Our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will first evaluate the case presented without any charges (free case evaluation) and then will tell their clients what to expect further, based on the rights they have. Here are a few of the cases in which we can provide immediate legal advice:
- car accidents and road traffic accidents;
- medical negligence and malpractice;
- work accidents;
- illness claims;
- accidents in public places;
- military accident claims;
- industrial disease;
- sexual and physical abuse;
- holiday accidents.
People who believe it wasn’t their fault during an accident should talk to our personal injury lawyers in Birmingham and find out how they can claim compensation. It is quite easy to ask for your rights and look for justice in your case. This is where our advisors can intervene.
How can our personal injury lawyers help you get compensation?
Our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham play a crucial role in helping individuals seek compensation for injuries sustained due to the negligence of others. Here’s how our personal injury lawyers in Birmingham can assist you:
- Legal advice: Our solicitors in Birmingham can provide you with expert legal advice tailored to your specific case. They assess the circumstances surrounding your injury, helping you understand whether you have a valid claim.
- Case evaluation: Our Birmingham lawyers will evaluate the strength of your case by examining evidence, witness statements, and relevant documentation. They assess the liability of the other party and the extent of your injuries to determine the potential for a successful claim.
- Claim preparation: The lawyers at our law firm in Birmingham can assist you in preparing and filing the necessary legal documents to initiate the compensation claim. This involves gathering medical records, accident reports, and any other evidence that supports your case.
- Negotiation with insurance companies: Our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will engage with insurance companies on your behalf. They can negotiate for a fair and just settlement, taking into account medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. This negotiation aims to achieve the proper outcome for you without going to court.
- Legal representation in court: If an out-of-court settlement is not possible, our personal injury lawyers in Birmingham will represent you in court. They will build a strong case, present evidence, and argue on your behalf to maximize your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
- Handling legal procedures: Our lawyers are well-versed in the legal procedures involved in personal injury claims. They manage deadlines, paperwork, and court filings, ensuring that your case adheres to the legal requirements and progresses smoothly.
- Assessment of damages: Our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham can also help determine the full extent of your damages, including medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost income, and any pain and suffering. This comprehensive assessment is crucial in ensuring that you are adequately compensated for your losses.
- No-win no-fee policy: The no-win, no-fee policy, also known as a conditional fee arrangement (CFA), is a legal agreement between a client and our solicitor. In this arrangement, our solicitor agrees to represent the client in a legal case, and if the case is unsuccessful, the client does not have to pay the solicitor’s fees. This policy is commonly associated with personal injury claims and other types of litigation.
In summary, our personal injury lawyers in Birmingham can guide you through the legal process, advocate for your rights, and strive to secure the compensation you deserve. Furthermore, you can also seek help from our conveyancing solicitors in Birmingham.
What kind of damages can you expect in a personal injury compensation case?
In personal injury cases, damages refer to the compensation awarded to the injured party to address various losses resulting from the injury. There are two main categories of damages: economic (special) damages and non-economic (general) damages. Here are the types of damages presented by our lawyers in Birmingham and that you might expect in personal injury cases:
Economic (special) damages: These damages are tangible, quantifiable losses that have a direct financial impact on the injured individual. Common types include:
- Medical expenses: compensations for current and future medical treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and other healthcare-related costs.
- Lost wages: compensation for income lost due to time missed from work during the recovery period.
- Property damage: If applicable, compensation for damage to the individual’s property, such as a vehicle in a car accident. Also, our property solicitors in Birmingham can guide you on what kind of property damage is eligible for compensation.
- Cost of adaptations: Compensation for expenses related to making necessary adaptations to the home or lifestyle due to the injury.
Non-economic (general) damages: These damages address more subjective losses that are challenging to assign a precise monetary value, like:
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish experienced as a result of the injury.
- Loss of consortium: Compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and intimacy suffered by the injured person’s spouse or family members.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Compensation for visible scars or disfigurement resulting from the injury or medical treatment.
Understanding the types of damages applicable to your case is crucial for assessing the full extent of your losses. Consultation with our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham is recommended to navigate the legal process, evaluate the damages specific to your situation, and pursue fair and just compensation.
How do I claim compensation for a car accident?
We would like to mention from the start that not only drivers involved in car accidents can claim compensation. Pedestrians also have the right to compensation if they’ve been injured in an accident and if there are serious consequences. Our team of personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will take your case and start a preliminary verification to see the chances of success. Medical and police reports, photos, witness declarations, and medical bills are among the needed documents solicited for claim compensation.
Collisions, hit and run accidents without your fault are the types of accidents for which you can easily claim compensation, and even make a settlement. With vast experience in such cases, plus the ability to work with clients, confidently and professionally, our team of personal injury solicitors in Birmingham can be the proper solution for your legal issue. Also, it is important to note that we respect the “no win, no fee” principle, for customers to feel safe from this point of view. Also, it all starts with a free consultation as soon as you get in touch with us by phone or email.
What is medical negligence?
Medical negligence is the same as clinical malpractice and involves injured persons who didn’t receive the correct medical treatment. This is a case where claiming compensation is required. An incorrect diagnosis followed by inappropriate treatment is for sure a case that can enter our attention. Poor medical care provided in the hospital that leads to other health problems is sufficient for us to believe you have lots of chances to claim compensation and win. It is important to know that each case of clinical malpractice is different and so are the compensations. While using the claim compensation calculator, our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will estimate the amount of money you can receive. We remind you that clinical negligence cases are treated seriously in the UK, so people claiming compensation have lots of chances to win.
Our commercial solicitors in Birmingham are at your disposal whenever you want, if you are faced with corporate issues or if you are interested in mergers and acquisitions, for example. Our team has the necessary experience to be able to help you in your endeavor, regardless of the problems you encounter. We ensure that our clients receive the best solutions for the problems encountered. Contact us today to discover our personalized offers and free case evaluation.
Workplace accident compensation
Employers and business owners have a legal obligation to ensure the safety and well-being of their employees and visitors. This includes having employers’ liability insurance and adhering to health & safety regulations. If you can demonstrate that your employer’s negligence led to your workplace injury, you can seek compensation through an accident at work claim. Successful claims are typically covered by the employer’s liability insurance. In some cases, even if you played a part in the accident, you may still be eligible for compensation, if your employer bears primary responsibility for your injury at work. To claim compensation for a workplace accident with the assistance of our personal injury lawyers in Birmingham, please follow these steps:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham. Besides this, you can also avail the services of our commercial solicitors in Birmingham.
- Initial meeting: During the initial meeting with our personal injury lawyer in Birmingham, discuss the details of your workplace accident, including how it occurred, and the extent of your injuries, and present any documentation you have related to the incident.
- Assessment: Our personal injury lawyer in Birmingham will evaluate your case’s merits, determining if you have a valid compensation claim. They will also discuss the potential compensation amount you may be entitled to.
- Legal representation: If you decide to proceed with the claim, our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will officially represent you. They will start by notifying your employer and their insurance company about the intent to file a compensation claim.
- Gather evidence: Our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham will help you gather evidence to support your case. This may include accident reports, medical records, witness statements, and any other relevant documentation.
- Negotiation: Our solicitor in Birmingham will negotiate with your employer’s insurance company to reach a fair settlement. This may involve extensive communication, and our Birmingham lawyer will ensure your interests are protected throughout the process.
- Litigation (if necessary): If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, the lawyers at our law firm in Birmingham may file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
- Resolution: Once a settlement is reached or a court decision is made, you will receive compensation for your workplace accident.
Working with our personal injury lawyer in Birmingham can significantly increase your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your workplace accident. They will guide you through the process, provide legal expertise, and advocate on your behalf. Moreover, you can also get your hands on the services offered by our conveyancing solicitors in Birmingham.
Claim compensation for public place accidents
In Birmingham, compensation for public place accidents can be sought if you have sustained injuries due to negligence or hazardous conditions in a public area. These accidents could occur in places such as parks, sidewalks, shopping centers, or government properties. To pursue compensation, you typically need to establish that your injuries resulted from the negligence of the entity responsible for maintaining the public space. This process may involve filing a personal injury claim against the responsible party, which can include local authorities, property owners, or businesses. Seeking legal guidance from our personal injury lawyer in Birmingham is often a wise step to ensure your rights are protected and to navigate the complex process of claiming compensation for public place accidents.
Claim compensations for military accidents
It may come as a surprise, but if you have suffered an injury while serving in the armed forces, you may be eligible to file a compensation claim even if the injury did not occur in combat. Just like any workplace, the Ministry of Defense must prioritize the health and safety of its personnel. This entails providing proper equipment and training. If these responsibilities are not met and an injury result, you may have grounds for a claim. Our Birmingham personal injury claims solicitors can evaluate whether a breach of duty occurred and determine any associated losses.
Military injuries can arise from various factors, which include accidents involving military vehicles or personnel, incidents on military bases, exposure to harmful substances, diseases, and equipment failure. Additionally, military injuries can result from combat stress, medical negligence, or even investigations related to service-related deaths. These diverse cases underscore the importance of addressing and seeking compensation for injuries sustained while serving in the military.
Whiplash injury claims – What do you need to know?
Whiplash refers to neck injuries that can be mild or severe, depending on the accident. Persons involved in car accidents and having neck injuries followed by a series of treatments can think of claiming compensation, with complete support offered by our team of personal injury lawyers in Birmingham. Once you or your family member (in case the victim cannot be present) get in touch with us we will take your case and evaluate the situation. Just like in the above-mentioned cases, complete medical and police reports will be required, alongside other papers and evidence. Whiplash cases can be properly handled by our advisors. We have also gathered facts and figures about personal injury cases and the value, offered by the Ministry of Justice in UK:
- Around 2,700 was the total number of claims for the period 2018-2019;
- Around GBP 3,3 million was the highest value for personal injuries after a car accident;
- Clinical negligence claim compensations worth around GBP 6.4 million were registered for the period 2018-2019;
- Around 4,000 personal injury claim compensations were registered in the same period in UK.
Also, if you are looking for legal assistance in any other matters, the services of our commercial lawyers in Birmingham are at your disposal.
Those interested in the services of our personal injury solicitors in Birmingham are invited to contact us.