Our criminal solicitors in Birmingham can assist clients in a series of legal aspects and criminal cases. Complete legal representation is offered to persons accused of fraud, manslaughter, drug offenses, traffic offenses, money laundering, and many more. We can also offer legal advice for persons kept in police custody, so make sure you address your inquiries to our team and get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Criminal defense solicitors in Birmingham for serious cases
Serious offenses like fraud, possession of drugs, prostitution, arm robbery, blackmail, manslaughter, or business crime can lead to serious consequences like years or life imprisonment. Instead of facing such accusations without proper legal advice, it is recommended to hire the services of our criminal lawyers in Birmingham. They can represent you and analyze your case as soon as you get in touch with us. The evidence and witness declarations will play a major role in serious crime cases, and a criminal defense solicitor in Birmingham will tell you more about these aspects. We can represent offenders in cases like:
- financial crime;
- drug offense;
- domestic abuse and violence;
- sexual crimes;
- driving offenses;
- dishonesty offenses;
- military law offenses;
These are only a few of the crime cases our team or criminal defense solicitors in Birmingham can handle. For complete details and information about the legal services we can provide in this city, please feel free to get in touch with our legal advisors. Besides this, if you are facing any other court proceedings, such as divorce, you are always welcome to consult with our divorce solicitors in Birmingham.
Legal help for bail applications
Persons involved in police investigations and kept in custody have the right to solicit bail. Our criminal solicitors in Birmingham will attentively analyze your case and represent your interest as soon as you get in touch with them. The bail application can be made with the help of our specialists who can represent their clients in front of the authorities where the bail will be established. According to the Bail Act 1976, persons accused of different crimes can solicit bail, but until this request is handled, individuals will stay in prison until the first hearing takes place.
It is important to note that the bail conditions will be handled by our criminal lawyers in Birmingham and presented in the court of law. However, if the magistrates will consider that the offender might get in touch with the witnesses or other parties involved, they might not decide on bail. All the aspects referring to the bail proceedings can be explained by one of our criminal law solicitors in Birmingham who have experience in cases like these.
Can my minor child be represented by criminal lawyers in Birmingham?
Yes, parents or tutors of minors with law problems should ask for legal advice from a criminal defense solicitor in Birmingham. Theft or robbery charges, property damages, and possession of drugs are the most common offenses that involve minors. These cases are treated extremely seriously by the authorities, so immediate legal advice and representation are required. Teenagers can be legally represented by one of our criminal solicitors in Birmingham, so parents or tutors can get in touch with us at any time.
We invite you to ask for legal help offered by our conveyancing solicitors in Birmingham if you want to buy a property, sell a house or get a mortgage. Our specialists can take care of the formalities and the verification of the documents of the property in question, to assure the clients that there are no disputes or other legal problems. So, contact us today to benefit from our support.
Police station representation – Support from our criminal law solicitors in Birmingham
People accused of crimes and held in police custody must know that they have rights. Free legal advice can be offered by prison law solicitors in Birmingham even before being questioned by the police. Here are other rights you have if you are in police custody:
- You have the right not to answer the police’s questions until you get in touch with criminal lawyers in Birmingham;
- You must also be offered medical assistance if you present a precarious state of health;
- You can ask a police officer to contact your criminal solicitor in Birmingham if you are not allowed to do so;
- For less serious offenses you can ask for legal advice over the phone. But this does not mean that you will not be able to have a meeting with your legal advisor;
- You can also ask for a translator, as part of your rights in police custody.
Besides these aspects, it is important to specify that the police cannot question you before discussing your rights and your case with criminal law solicitors in Birmingham. It is possible to be held in custody for 36 hours until you receive the desired legal assistance, but if you already have a lawyer, he can represent you immediately. Therefore, we invite you to contact our experts, to get out of this situation well.
Support for road traffic offenses
Road traffic offenses that are registered with deceased persons can come to the attention of a criminal solicitor in Birmingham. Those at fault can be represented by a specialist in this area because he has the necessary experience and can explain defense strategies.
You need to get in touch with one of our criminal lawyers in Birmingham and ask for specialized help. This way you will be aware of the rights you have, as well as representation in court. We can offer legal advice both for minor road traffic offenses and for serious offenses like death by dangerous driving.
Support for drug-related crimes
If you find yourself wrongfully accused of drug-related crimes, our criminal solicitors in Birmingham can play a crucial role in helping you navigate the legal process and defend your rights. Here are some ways our solicitors can assist you with drug-related charges:
- Legal advice and representation: Our experienced solicitors will listen to your side of the story, assess the evidence against you, and provide knowledgeable legal advice about the proper course of action. They can represent you throughout the entire legal process, including interactions with law enforcement, court appearances, and negotiations.
- Building a strong defense: Our criminal lawyers in Birmingham will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your case to gather evidence that supports your innocence or weakens the prosecution’s case. They will ensure that any evidence obtained unlawfully is excluded and that all procedures were followed correctly.
- Challenging evidence: They can challenge the validity and admissibility of the prosecution’s evidence, if it was obtained illegally or through violations of your rights. This could lead to key evidence being excluded from the trial, potentially weakening the case against you.
- Interviewing witnesses: Our experienced attorneys will locate and interview witnesses who can testify to your innocence or provide information that contradicts the prosecution’s case.
- Negotiating with prosecutors: In some instances, our criminal solicitors in Birmingham may be able to negotiate with prosecutors for reduced charges or alternative resolutions, especially if the evidence against you is weak.
- Representing you in court: If your case goes to trial, our lawyers will present your defense in court, cross-examine witnesses, and challenge the prosecution’s case.
- Applying for bail: If you are detained before trial, they can help you apply for bail or argue for your release under certain conditions.
- Handling legal paperwork: Our solicitors will manage the necessary legal paperwork and ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Providing emotional support: Facing false accusations can be emotionally draining. So, our criminal lawyers in Birmingham can offer support and guidance throughout the process, making it less overwhelming.
Remember, being accused of a crime does not make you guilty, and everyone has the right to a fair defense. So, it is always advisable to consult our reputable solicitors in Birmingham as soon as possible to protect your rights and mount a robust defense against wrongful drug-related charges.
Legal support offered by our solicitors specialized in cybercrime cases
If you are wrongfully accused of a cybercrime in Birmingham, our solicitors can provide invaluable assistance in various ways. First and foremost, they will meticulously examine the evidence against you to identify any inconsistencies or flaws in the prosecution’s case. Our criminal solicitors in Birmingham have extensive experience in handling cybercrime cases and can use their specialized knowledge to challenge the technical aspects of the allegations against you. They will work diligently to gather exonerating evidence and expert testimonies to support your innocence.
Throughout the legal process, our criminal lawyers in Birmingham will guide you, explain your rights, and ensure that you are treated fairly. Whether negotiating with prosecutors for a favorable resolution or representing you in court, our solicitors will be your steadfast advocates, striving to protect your reputation and clear your name from unfounded cybercrime accusations.
What happens if the police do not treat you properly?
There are cases in which the above-mentioned rights are not fully respected. Also, you may be subjected to inappropriate treatment, perhaps even before being arrested. If, for example, a police officer used force when interacting with you, you can file a complaint in this regard. It is important to know your rights and act accordingly, also talking to one of our prison law solicitors in Birmingham.
Planning to make investments in the real estate sector? You may get in touch with our property solicitors in Birmingham and see how you can be guided in this matter. It is best to benefit from our support in the case of real estate disputes because some aspects might be stressful if you act on your own. We can manage the paperwork and we can also advise foreign entrepreneurs looking to expand their portfolios in this business sector.
Why choose the services offered by our criminal law solicitors in Birmingham
Experience speaks for itself for every case that comes to our attention. We treat each situation with the utmost attention to offer the correct defense strategies. We are here to protect your rights and offer you specialized advice for the situation you are in. Transparency, communication, and efficiency are among the attributes we work with our customers.
Our prison law solicitors in Birmingham can deal with a series of cases for which legal advice is highly recommended. If you face accusations related to serious crimes, we kindly recommend you consult our law firm in Birmingham and find out all you need to know about the legal services we can provide. Our criminal lawyers are highly knowledgeable about criminal law and the legal system. They understand the complexities of the law and can navigate the intricacies of your case. Our skilled criminal lawyers in Birmingham can analyze the evidence against you and develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific situation. They work to protect your rights and strive to achieve the proper outcome for your case.
When it is necessary to request a criminal lawyer in Birmingham?
When you are suspected or even accused of certain crimes, it is necessary to turn to specialized legal services. Our criminal solicitors in Birmingham are with you from the beginning, whether you are in police custody or you are called a suspect in a crime. It is good to know your rights from the very beginning and to go over the accusations with specialized legal counsel.
Legal support for sexual crime cases
Domestic abuse and violence, rape, sexual assault, forced marriages, or sexual abuse are serious cases that can be handled from a legal point of view by our team of criminal defense solicitors in Birmingham. Drug-facilitated sexual assault and unwanted sexual intercourse are part of sexual crime cases. If murder is involved, things can get complicated and so is the case. This is certainly a serious case for which complete legal advice is required. Also, if you are a victim of sexual crimes, you can benefit from the legal support provided by our team of criminal law solicitors in Birmingham. We can represent you in the Crown Court, Magistrates’ Court, and Court of Appeal.
Statistical data about crimes in UK
We have gathered some facts and figures about crimes in England and Wales:
- In England and Wales, between March 2022 and March 2023, there was a notable 20% decrease in overall theft;
- The most significant decline occurred in theft from individuals, showing a reduction of 33% by the end of March 2023;
- Additionally, by the end of March 2023, decreases were observed in categories like “other theft of personal property” (31%), domestic burglary (30%), and vehicle-related theft (18%);
- A 9% reduction in crimes was registered during March 2019-March 2020;
- Offences involving firearms decreased by 4% in the same period in UK;
- The number of offenses involving sharp instruments rose by 6% from March 2019 to March 2020.
With this crime rate in a city, it becomes easier to make false allegations. Our criminal solicitors in Birmingham are here to help you out if you are facing any false/ true accusations regarding a crime. Please contact our lawyers without any hesitation if you have any questions.